Using the novel experience of an interactive coffee table to delight customers
Lead UI/UX Designer
Adobe Flash Developer
Table Service is an interactive coffee table designed to entertain and compliment experiences in café and bar environments. The table uses rear-mounted RFID readers to detect the type of drink and location of placement on the surface of the glass table.
The interactive coffee table began as a method of gathering data from customers to later use in data visualisations that identify consumption trends over time or day, week and year. However, the product evolved to become a complimentary and entertaining experience for customers by the addition of a rear-projected display onto the table’s surface.
Features of the table include:
- Information related to the drinks placed on the table, for example a map displaying the source of the coffee beans used in the customers beverage.
- A UI (User Interface) featuring accessible information and notifications, such as alerting the customer when their beverage is getting cold.
- Built in jukebox, with speaker system mounted underneath the table.
- Games such as ‘Simon Says’, where the players must watch carefully for instructions on where to place certain drinks on the table.
- Video playback and tours can launched by placing specially designed tokens on the table.
- Animated infographics utilising data gathered by the table.